The Nucleus Acceptable Use Policy
The Nucleus' Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") is intended to help enhance the use of this website by preventing unacceptable use. All users of The Nucleus website ("the Website") - those who access some of our Services but do not have accounts ("Guests"), as well as those who have registered accounts with us ("Members") - must comply with this AUP.
In accordance with our Terms & Conditions, we may remove any materials that, in our sole discretion, may be illegal, may subject us to liability, or which may violate this AUP. Your violation of this AUP may result in the suspension or termination of your membership account. This AUP should be read in conjunction with our Terms & Condition.
VIOLATIONS OF THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
The following constitute violations of this AUP:
- Illegal use. Using the Website to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that, intentionally or unintentionally, violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any rules or regulations promulgated thereunder.
- Harm to minors. Using the Website to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way.
- Threats. Using the Website to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Harassment. Using the Website to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that harasses another.
- Fraudulent activity. Using the Website to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services or to advance any type of financial scam such as "pyramid schemes," "Ponzi schemes," and "chain letters."
- Forgery or impersonation. Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation. Using deliberately misleading headers ("munging" headers) in news postings in order to avoid spam email address collectors is allowed.
- Unsolicited commercial email/Unsolicited bulk email. Using the Website to transmit any unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email. Activities that have the effect of facilitating unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email whether or not that email is commercial in nature, are prohibited.
- Unauthorized access. Using the Website to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of the Website's or another entity's computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data.
- Copyright or trademark infringement. Using the Website to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
- Collection of personal data. Using the Website to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Network disruptions and unfriendly activity. Using the Website for any activity which adversely affects the ability of other people or systems to use the Website or the Internet. This includes "denial of service" (DoS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, network services or network equipment is prohibited.
REPORTING VIOLATIONS OF THIS AUP
The Nucleus requests that anyone who believes that there is a violation of this AUP direct the information to the editor, at email@example.com. If available, please provide the following information:
- The IP address used to commit the alleged violation
- The date and time of the alleged violation, including the time zone or offset from GMT
- Evidence of the alleged violation
The Nucleus may take any one or more of the following actions in response to complaints:
- issue warnings: written or verbal
- suspend the Member's forum posting privileges
- suspend the Member's account
- terminate the Member's account
- bill the Member for administrative costs and/or reactivation charges
- bring legal action to enjoin violations and/or to collect damages, if any, caused by violations.