Scholarship Opportunity Detail Page
AFCEA DC Scholarship
|Scholarship Provider:||AFCEA DC|
|Description:||To promote higher education, AFCEA DC awards merit-based college scholarships to eligible applicants in the Washington DC Metropolitan area (View eligible counties in NoVA and Suburban MD, in addition to Washington, DC). Since 1989, we have awarded over $2 million in scholarships to the region's students - 300+ recipients, representing 100+ high schools, entering 66+ U.S. colleges & universities.
In 2014 AFCEA DC will award multiple single-year standard scholarships in the amount of $4,000 each, and one single-year scholarship in the amount of $8,000 (to the CAPT Edward F "Cash" Bronson Award). These scholarships are open to high school seniors who will be entering four-year, accredited degree-granting programs in the Fall of 2014. We also have a $2,000 single-year scholarship for students transferring from a two-year community college to a four-year, accredited degree-granting program in the Fall of 2014.
Scholarship awards are provided to qualified students pursuing degrees in the C4I-related fields of engineering (electrical, computer, chemical, aerospace or systems); electronics; mathematics; computer science; physics; science education; mathematics education; technology management; or, management information systems. Biology and Bio-Medical Engineering degrees do not qualify for the AFCEA DC Scholarship Program.
|School Type Requirement:||Four Year College
|Applicant Class Requirement:||Entering First Year Undergraduate or High School Sr. or or 2nd Year Student in a Two Year Community College
|Citizenship Requirement:||U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Legal Resident
|State Residency Requirement:||DC
|Length of Award:||More Than One Year
|Minimum GPA:||Does not appear to be specified|
|Other Comments:||ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
AFCEA DC awards merit-based scholarships to selected applicants based on the following:
• United States Citizen or permanent resident
• Resident and Student within Metropolitan Washington area (see www.afceadc/scholarships for link to eligible counties)
• High School Senior ($4,000 / $8,000) or 2nd Year Student in a Two Year Community College ($2,000)
• Acceptance to an Accredited College or University in the US in a 4-Year degree granting full-time curriculum
• Qualified students pursuing degrees in the C4I-related fields of electrical, computer, chemical, aerospace or systems engineering; electronics; mathematics; computer science; physics; science or mathematics education; technology management; or management information systems.
• Winners of full tuition, room, books and board scholarship not eligible
• Biology and Bio-Medical Engineering degrees do not qualify for the AFCEA DC Scholarship Program.
Selection is based on:
Financial Need (other factors count more)
Letters of Recommendation
For further information and questions about the AFCEA DC scholarship program, eligibility criteria, or selection criteria, please email the AFCEA DC Scholarships Chair, Jenell Porreco, at email@example.com.
Scholarship Opportunity Contact Information
Jenell Porreco, AFCEA DC, Scholarship Chair
1220 L St. NW, Suite 100-407
Washington, DC 2005-4018