Introductory E&M Computational Modeling Activities
Faculty Commons material developed by Todd Zimmerman
- Published July 1, 2020
The following is a link to a Trinket course that includes 8 computational modeling activities for an introductory electricity and magnetism course. The activities available through this Trinket course include:
- Using Python as a calculator
- Finding electric field vectors near a point charge
- Find the electric field vectors near a dipole
- Plotting the trajectory of a charged particle near an electric dipole
- Drawing electric field vectors of a line of charge
- Drawing electric field vectors of a finite plane of charge
- Plotting the trajectory of a charged particle in a magnetic field
- Using a crossed electric and magnetic field as a velocity selector
- Calculating electric field due to an accelerating charge
This material is freely available to registered verified educators.
Login or register as a verified educator for free to access instructor-only material.