Education Prize Logo
Science SPORE Prize
November 2011

NSF Logo
The Open Source Physics Project is supported by NSF DUE-0442581.

Video Engine error post and replies

Return to the Video Engine error thread
Login to post to this thread

Video Engine error - May 8 at 5:37AM
Tassos Kallianiotis
7 Posts

Dear Sir or Madam,

i have installed Tracker to my PC (Windows 8 64bit) but when i lunch it i get a "No Video Engine" error (one or more video engines are installed but unavailable because they require 1 32-bit java VM and you are currently use running in a 64-bit VM. Restart to 32 bit VM? ---> i press yes but i get the same error on restart). This error prevents me to open any video file.

How can i fix it?

Thank you in advance

Attached File: error.jpg


Replies to Video Engine error

Re: Video Engine error - May 08 11:50AM
Douglas Brown Avatar
Douglas Brown
188 Posts

Open the preferences dialog (Edit|Preferences or ctrl-enter) and look at the Runtime tab. The Tracker version should be default.  For the Java Virtual Machine select 32-bit and select the "default (bundled)" VM.  

This assumes you have Tracker version 5.0+ and used the installer which includes a bundled Java VM. If not, and you don't have a 32-bit VM installed, you will have to download and install one from Oracle's site. If you do have the bundled VM, you will have a C:\Program Files (x86)\Tracker\jre folder.

Doug


> i have installed Tracker to my
> PC (Windows 8 64bit) but when i lunch it i get a "No
> Video Engine" error (one or more video engines are
> installed but unavailable because they require 1 32-bit
> java VM and you are currently use running in a 64-bit
> VM. Restart to 32 bit VM? ---> i press yes but i get
> the same error on restart). This error prevents me
> to open any video file.
>
> How can i fix it?



Re: Re: Video Engine error - May 08 1:57PM
Tassos Kallianiotis
7 Posts

Thank you very much for your direct reply.
I checked my preferences tab the settings were just like you mentioned.
When i restart Tracker i get an error about video engine and instruct me to check diagnostics about Xuggle. When i do that i get an error about "Xuggle is not working"!
I have attached a pdf with 3 picture.

Thank you in advance

Attached File: pics.pdf



Re: Video Engine error - May 08 5:59PM
Douglas Brown Avatar
Douglas Brown
188 Posts

Tassos, can you tell me if the file "xuggle-xuggler.jar" is in your Tracker directory? Thanks. Doug

> Thank you very much for your direct reply.
> I checked
> my preferences tab the settings were just like you
> mentioned.
> When i restart Tracker i get an error about
> video engine and instruct me to check diagnostics
> about Xuggle. When i do that i get an error about
> "Xuggle is not working"!
> I have attached a pdf with
> 3 picture.
>
> Thank you in advance



Re: Re: Video Engine error - May 09 12:40AM
Tassos Kallianiotis
7 Posts

Mr. Brown,

Yes the file ""xuggle-xuggler.jar" " exists in the folder.
As i informed from the Java configuration panel, both x86 and x64 versions are installed in my PC (see picture attached)

Attached File: java.jpg



Re: Re: Re: Video Engine error - May 09 9:37AM
Douglas Brown Avatar
Douglas Brown
188 Posts

Let's dig into Xuggle more deeply. Please do this:

--Open the message log (Help|diagnostics|Message Log)
--in the log, set the Level to CONFIG
--choose Help|Diagnostics|About Xuggle...
--several green CONFIG messages will be generated. What are they (send screen shot or text)?

Thanks! Doug



Re: Re: Re: Re: Video Engine error - May 10 9:30AM
Tassos Kallianiotis
7 Posts

Thank you very much for your help.
I tried what you said but i didn't' get any green message pictures attached).
Did i do anything wrong?

Thank you again

Attached File: jpg2pdf2.pdf



Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Video Engine error - May 10 10:23AM
Douglas Brown Avatar
Douglas Brown
188 Posts

Hmmm, that is odd! Please repeat but set the level to FINE. Be sure to set the log level BEFORE choosing About Xuggle.  Doug


> I tried what you
> said but i didn't' get any green message pictures
> attached).
> Did i do anything wrong?



Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Video Engine error - May 10 5:03PM
Tassos Kallianiotis
7 Posts

I did it, but i get the green and blue messages when i select message log not after select about Xuggle (see attached picture).

Attached File: Untitled-1.jpg



Re: Video Engine error - May 10 7:35PM
Douglas Brown Avatar
Douglas Brown
188 Posts

Your diagnostics all look normal which is good, Tassos. But this means I have no idea why Xuggle is not working for you :-(

Could you please open the start log (Help|Diagnostics|Start Log) and send a screenshot of it? Thanks.  Doug



Re: Re: Video Engine error - May 10 11:31PM
Tassos Kallianiotis
7 Posts

Mr. Brown here is the screenshot you asked.
I have reinstalled 2-3 times but it looks like it has the same problem.

Attached File: Untitled-11.jpg



Re: Video Engine error - May 11 10:29AM
Douglas Brown Avatar
Douglas Brown
188 Posts

What OS are you using? Could there be an issue with administrator privileges? Can you try installing as a different user or on a different machine?  Doug



Re: Re: Video Engine error - May 12 1:56AM
Tassos Kallianiotis
7 Posts

I am using windows 8. I tried to run as administrator and change the compatibility mode but nothing better. I installed it in a different machine and i dont have this problem!!
But, i cannot make an auto tracker! I choose the point of mass but i get no image in the template space and the search button it is "gray" and does not work.
Maybe the problem is me!!

Thank you very much for tour support



The OSP Network:
Open Source Physics - Tracker - EJS Modeling
Physlet Physics
Physlet Quantum Physics