Scholarship Opportunity Detail Page
AFCEA DC Scholarship
|Scholarship Provider:||AFCEA DC|
|Description:||To promote higher education, AFCEA DC awards merit-based college scholarships to eligible applicants in the Washington Metro area- (click link to view eligible counties in NoVA and MD). Since May 1989, over $2,000,000 has been committed to over 300 students in the Metro area from 100 high schools entering more than 66 U.S. colleges.
Our $8,000- two year scholarships and one $12,000- three year scholarship are open to high school seniors entering four year degree granting programs. Our $4,000- one year scholarship program is open to students leaving two-year community colleges to attend four year degree granting programs.
Scholarship awards are providing to qualified students pursuing degrees in the C4I-related fields of electrical, computer, chemical, aerospace or systems engineering; electronics; mathematics; computer science; physics; science or mathematics education; technology management; or management information systems.
Eligibility criteria is detailed on page 1 of the application form.
|School Type Requirement:||Four Year College
|Applicant Class Requirement:||Entering First Year Undergraduate or High School Sr. or or 2nd Year Student in a Two Year Community College
|Citizenship Requirement:||U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Legal Resident
|State Residency Requirement:||DC
|Length of Award:||More Than One Year
|Minimum GPA:||2.5 or better (on 4.0 scale)|
|Other Comments:||ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
AFCEA DC awards merit-based scholarships to selected applicants based on the following:
• United States Citizen or permanent resident
• Resident and Student within Metropolitan Washington area (see www.afceadc/scholarships for link to eligible counties)
• High School Senior ($8,000 / $12,000) or 2nd Year Student in a Two Year Community College ($4,000)
• Acceptance to an Accredited College or University in the US in a 4-Year degree granting full-time curriculum
• Qualified students pursuing degrees in the C4I-related fields of electrical, computer, chemical, aerospace or systems engineering; electronics; mathematics; computer science; physics; science or mathematics education; technology management; or management information systems.
• Winners of full tuition, room, books and board scholarship not eligible
Selection is based on:
Financial Need (other factors count more)
Letters of Recommendation
To receive following year funds, students must:
Remain in an eligible criteria field of study
Maintain a grade point average of 2.5 or better (on a 4.0 scale), as verified by an official transcript, and
Have not received a full tuition scholarship, room, books and board scholarship, as verified by their school bill.
Scholarship Opportunity Contact Information
Tina Jordan, AFCEA DC, Scholarship Chair
1220 L St. NW, Suite 100-407
Washington, DC 2005-4018