Scholarship Opportunity Detail Page
SPIE Scholarship Program
|Scholarship Provider:||SPIE - International Society for Optics & Photonics|
|Description:||Through 2010 SPIE has distributed over $3 million in scholarships to 1,368 students across 86 countries.
SPIE awarded over $300,000 in 2010 with individual scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $11,000. All students studying worldwide in an optics, photonics, imaging, or optoelectronics program or related discipline are eligible to apply.
Note: SPIE scholarships are open to full- and part-time students studying anywhere in the world. All scholarship applications are judged on their own merit based on the experience and education level of the individual student. Women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. High school (pre-university/secondary school) and 1st/2nd year college undergraduate, post-secondary students will be judged relative to other applicants with similar educational backgrounds.
To be eligible to apply, students must:
* Be a Member* of SPIE
* Be enrolled in an optics, photonics, imaging, or optoelectronics program or related discipline (e.g., physics, electrical engineering) at an accredited school for the full year beginning Fall 2011 (Sept 2011-July 2012)
*Be in high school or secondary school, undergraduate or post-secondary school, undergraduate, or graduate school
*High school students will receive a one-time, one-year complimentary Membership. Contact email@example.com and request a Pre-College Membership Application Form.
SPIE is incorporated in the state of California, USA, and abides by U.S. laws that may restrict cash awards to residents of some countries. To qualify for an award, students and institutions must be eligible to receive funds under U.S. federal guidelines.
|Scholarship Amount:||1,000 to 11,000|
|School Type Requirement:||Four Year College
|Length of Award:||Renewable
|Other Comments:||SPIE is using ScholarSelect to provide an easy and secure way to submit your application. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience technical problems or have questions.
All Students (Full- and Part-time)
* Go to SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM and create an account. Save your log-in information for future reference.
* Must have your Member ID to complete the online submission
* The application form will save what you have completed and you can return to it at anytime prior to Midnight (12 am, Pacific Standard Time) on February 15.
* You must have two letters of recommendation. An automatic message will be sent to your recommenders providing them with a link to your application where they can enter recommendations.
* Attach Annual Scholarship Report to online application form if reapplying. Scholarship application form must show new activities from which the previous award was received
* A complete online application (including recommendation letters and other supporting documents) must be submitted before Midnight (12 am, Pacific Standard Time) on February 15.
* Incomplete applications will not be submitted for consideration.
* All students will be notified of the results of their application in May/June.
High School, Pre-University, Secondary School Students
* Will receive a one-year complimentary Student Membership
* Submit a Pre-College Membership Application Form
* Must be planning to enroll in an optics, photonics, imaging, optoelectronics program or related discipline (e.g., physics or electrical engineering) at an accredited school for the school year beginning in the Fall 2011 (Sept 2011-July 2012)
Scholarship Opportunity Contact Information
Mrs. Pascale Barnett
PO Box 10
Bellingham, WA 98227
Email: Pascale Barnett <pascale@SPIE.org>