Research/Internship Opportunity Detail Page
EcoInformatics Summer Institute
|Primary Institution:||Oregon State University|
|Job Duration:||June 17th to August 17th, 2012|
|Class Requirement:||Completed Sophomore Year
|Description:||CALL FOR APPLICANTS for the Eco-Informatics Summer Institute (EISI) for summer 2012
The Eco-Informatics Summer Institute (EISI) (http://eco-informatics.engr.oregonstate.edu/) will be held from June 17- August 17th, 2012, at the HJ Andrews Experimental Forest (http://andrewsforest.oregonstate.edu/) in the beautiful Oregon Cascade mountains.
Eco-Informatics, an emerging discipline, integrates mathematics, computer science, statistics, and engineering with the study and management of ecosystems. Through a ten-week undergraduate/early graduate research experience, the EISI will provide interdisciplinary training for young scientists to help manage ecosystems in our technologically sophisticated, globalized world.
Through the integration of research and education, effective mentoring, and hands-on experiences at the HJ Andrews, nine participants will gain:
1. valuable research experience in Eco-Informatics and in their own disciplines.
2. the foundation and opportunities to develop and seek support for their own graduate program.
3. the training to become outstanding interdisciplinary scientists and effective contributors to the science and management of ecosystems.
Participants will receive:
1. a total stipend of $4,000.
2. travel, up to $500, for transportation to the Summer Institute will be provided to participants.
3. free lodging at the HJ Andrews Experimental Forest.
4. 3 meals per day for the first week of the program.
5. the opportunity for down time and group activities such as white water rafting.
For more details and application, please go to:
The application deadline is February 18th, 2012
Stipend - $4000
Research/Internship Opportunity Contact Information
Department of Biological and Ecological Engineering - Oregon State University
116 Gilmore Hall
Corvallis, OR 97331