Research/Internship Opportunity Detail Page
2011 Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
|Primary Institution:||University of Illinois at Chicago|
|Job Duration:||10 weeks|
|Class Requirement:||Completed Freshman Year
|Citizenship Requirement:||U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Legal Resident
|Minimum GPA:||3.0 / 4.0|
Drug Delivery and Biomolecular Transport, Bioinformatics for Molecular Drug Design and Characterization
|Description:||The Research Experience for Undergraduates(REU) program is an initiative by the faculty of four UIC Colleges and industrial interest groups to address the need to engage in emerging technologies and cutting edge research in the areas of material sciences, nanotechnology, bio-, biomedical and environmental engineering.
- Participant undergraduates engage in research apprenticeship for 10 weeks within the timeframe in the summer, 2011 at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Final project reports, classroom implementations and awards for exceptional participants will be featured in the Annual REU Conference under the auspices of Chicago Public School authorities.
- Selection is based on applicant's resume, essay (approximately 500 words), and two reference letters from professors.
- REU fellows will receive a stipend of up to $4,200 for the full program. Funding for research projects and development of classroom projects is also available.
- Additional travel and on-campus housing will be offered for the eligible applicants.
- REU fellows may enroll optionally for three to four continuing education credits(graduate level credits)
Research/Internship Opportunity Contact Information
Andreas A. Linninger
851 South Morgan St
SEO 218 (MC/063)
Chicago, IL 60607
Seon B. Kim
851 south Morgan St
SEO 218 (Mc/063)
Chicago, IL 60607