Falling Cup with Ball Model Documents
This material has 2 associated documents. Select a document title to view a document's information.
The Falling Cup with Ball model shows a mass attached to the inside of a cup with a light spring. The cup is held upside down, with the mass hanging out of the cup, then released from rest. What happens when the cup is released?
- The mass will extend the spring, like a parachute, due to air pressure pulling on the cup.
- The mass will be pulled up into the cup by the spring?
- The cup will fall with the mass in its original position?
- Download ejs_mech_newton_FallingCupWithBall.jar - 930kb Java Archive File
Published September 1, 2009
Last Modified February 11, 2010
This file has previous versions.
Source Code Documents
The source code zip archive contains an XML representation of the Falling Ball with Cup model. Unzip this archive in your EJS workspace to compile and run this model using EJS.
- Download ejs_mech_newton_FallingCupWithBall.zip - 7kb Compressed File
Last Modified September 1, 2009