Vernier Caliper Model Documents
This material has 2 associated documents. Select a document title to view a document's information.
Loo Kang Wee and
The Vernier Caliper model shows the principle of operation and the physical parts of a Vernier Caliper.
The Vernier calipers model has
- an object (Blue) for the internal jaws to measure width of an object with slider to control width of the object and simple drag action to control position of object.
- an object (Green) for external jaws to measure internal diameter of a cylinder for example with slider to control dimensions of the cylinder.
- checkbox for answer to show the meaning of reading on the main scale and the vernier scale with zero error calculations if any.
- drop down menu of the various common vernier scales for sense making and additional testing out by learners their ideas of how vernier works.
- fine <> control buttons for learners to manipulate the model with single incremental precision
- slider control for fast changes in the vernier measurement
- reset button to bring simulaton back to original (default)
The Vernier Caliper model was created using the Easy Java Simulations (EJS) modeling tool. It is distributed as a ready-to-run (compiled) Java archive. Double click the ejs_ntnu_VernierCaliper.jar file to run the program if Java is installed.
Last Modified August 25, 2013
This file has previous versions.
Source Code Documents
The source code zip archive contains an XML representation of the Vernier Caliper model. Unzip this archive in your EJS workspace to compile and run this model using EJS.
Last Modified December 12, 2009