Project Status: May 2003
Project Status Archives
- PhysTEC faculty planned and organized the 4th Annual PhysTEC Conference, which was held at the University of Arizona from February 28-March 2, 2003.
- Participating institutions began collecting data to support the external and internal project evaluation.
- Over the next five years, PhysTEC plans to increase the number of Primary Program Institutions (PPIs) through the support of the American Physical Society. The first APS Campaign PPI is Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo.
- PhysTEC has created the Coalition, a much broader group of universities whose physics departments are working on their own to improve preservice education. New Coalition members are the following:
- California State University, Chico
- Illinois State University
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- University of Michigan-Dearborn
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of Wisconsin at Stevens Point
- PhysTEC faculty, Teachers In Residence, and the PMT presented papers on PhysTEC at the Winter AAPT meeting and the April APS meeting
- Project participants and PTRAs planned a joint PhysTEC/PTRA induction and mentoring workshop for the AAPT Summer 2003 meeting
- The Project Management Team visited the PPIs to assess progress and provide guidance.