Member Institution Hope College
Catherine Mader, Ph. D.
Department of Physics
(616) 395-7114 Office
(616) 395-7123 Fax
If you are from this institution and wish to report data, please login.
Hope College science students are engaged in:
- Science coursework that focuses on learning by doing
- Research with science faculty during each summer
- Academic-year teaching assistant positions in the science courses
While our science education majors have the same opportunties, we would like to increase the number of science education majors taking advantage of the research and teaching assistant opportunities. We would also like to build al mentoring program for future science educators and we would like to build a support network for these future educators that would continue after their graduation by developing:
- Workshops with master science educators from area K-12 schools
- Outreach activities at local K-12 schools that will hone their teaching skills
- A science education seminar course where science and education faculty will present applicable research results on how students learn science