Supported Site Central Washington University: Recruitment
- The physics department started promoting dual degree program with students who express an interest in physics teaching.
- The PI presented information about the PhysTEC project, the LA program, and pedagogical research opportunities in many CWU and high school classrooms.
- The department developed physics teaching "rack card" (4"x9" double sided information card) to distribute to interested students.
- It is difficult to balance the demands of developing curriculum and visiting community colleges to promote the CWU physics teaching program.
- The memorandum of understanding formalizing the dual degree program was signed by the physics department chair, the mathematics department chair and the college dean.
- The PI needs to list off-campus PhysTEC planning and recruitment visits in his official university workload plan.
- The PI presented information about the PhysTEC project, the LA program, and pedagogical research opportunities in each PHYS 181 class (first quarter of calculus-based physics), the department seminar class (PHYS 499), and a freshman STEM student seminar class (STEP 103).
- The PI promoted the CWU physics program, including physics education, at five high school physics classroom visits.