Supported Site Cornell University: Publications & Talks
"PhysTEC at Cornell: A Progress Report", Robert E. Thorne, APS Forum on Education Newsletter, Spring 2010.
"Non-Physics Teachers Are Teaching Physics-We Cannot Replace Them, But We
Can Help Them!" Marty Alderman (APS Forum on Education Fall 2008 Newsletter, Pg. 19)
- "Tell Your Students … Consider Physics Teaching" at the joint NYS APS & AAPT meeting at Cornell, and again for science faculty at the Owego staff development day, April 2008. Marty Alderman, TIR.
- TIR Marty Alderman presented at the annual Science Teachers Association of New York State (STANYS) conferences and at the Edmonton AAPT meeting.
- TIR, Marty Alderman presented at the annual Science Teachers Association of New York State (STANYS) conference and at the Edmonton AAPT meeting in 2008.
- TIR Jim Overhiser presented teacher workshops at the annual STANYS conference (2008, 2009) in Doha, Qatar (March 2010), and at Rockland Community College (March 2010.)
- TIR Overhiser participated in a panel discussion on creating future science leaders at the 2010 PTEC conference 2010.
- TIR, Jim Overhiser presented a physics workshop at Stuyvesant High School in NYC, and discussed the need for physics majors and physics teachers (December 2009.
- TIR Jim Overhiser and Dr. Julie Nucci (CIPT Director) developed and presented a 5 day Physics Teacher workshop for the Mississippi Academy for Physics Teachers program at Jackson State University, Jackson, MS (June 2010).
- TIR Marty Alderman presented teacher workshops at the University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras, the Cornell Institute for Physics Teachers, the CNY Physics Alliance, and STANYS during 2010-1
- TIR Marty Alderman presented at the Summer 2010 PhysTEC New TIR Orientation at Portland, Oregon.
- TIR Marty Alderman presented 'Some Thoughts on PhysTEC Sustainability at Cornell University' at the AAPT Winter Conference.