Supported Site Boston University: Publications & Talks
1. NES AAPT Spring Newsletter March 22, 2012
2. A. Duffy, APS Forum on Education Newsletter, " The Boston University PhysTEC Program", Spring 2012.
1. Jenkins. Poster presented at the New England Section of AAPT Fall meeting, Nov. 2011, UMASS Amherst, MA.
2. Duffy, Garik, Jenkins. PhysTEC Poster session, February 2012, Ontario, CA
3. Jariwala, Moser, and Spilios. Presentation about Learning Assistants at the Instructional Innovation Conference put on by the Boston University Center for Excellence and Innovation in Teaching, March 2012.
4. Jenkins. Talk presented at the New England Section of AAPT Spring meeting, April 2012, Braintree, MA.
5. Boston University's PhysTEC Teacher-in-Residence -- A Year in Review. Juliet Jenkins. Talk presented at the AAPT national meeting, August 2012, Philadelphia, PA.
6. PhysTEC at Boston University: Enhancing Physics Teaching in Area High Schools AND at the University, poster presented by Mark Greenman at the Fall 2012 New England APS/AAPT meeting.
7. Implementing Studio Physics at Boston University, Andrew Duffy, a talk presented at the AAPT Winter Meeting in New Orleans, January 2013.
8. Students' Perceptions of Learning Assistants' Contributions to Physics Course Success, Manher Jariwala, a talk presented at the AAPT Winter Meeting in New Orleans, January 2013.
9. A talk at the AAAS annual meeting in February, in Boston, involving Jacob Clark Blickenstaff, Mark Greenman, Andrew Duffy, and two Boston Public School physics teachers, describing the APS Pair project.
10. Tracking the Explosive Growth of the Learning Assistant Program and its Transformative Impact on STEM Education at BU. Manher Jariwala, Andrew Duffy, Mark Greenman, Bennett Goldberg (Physics), Meredith Knight, Tom Hunt, Alexis Knaub, Peter Garik (SED), Kathryn Spilios (Biology), Paul Lipton (Neuroscience), Caleb Farny (ENG), Natalya Bassina, Binyomin Abrams, and Dan Dill (Chemistry). presentation about Learning Assistants at the Instructional Innovation Conference put on by the Boston University Center for Excellence and Innovation in Teaching, March 8, 2013.
11. Adapting the Colorado Learning Assistant Model to Your Institution. Laurie Langdon, Laird Kramer, Amy Robertson, Andrew Duffy, and Ed Price. A session at the national PhysTEC meeting in Baltimore, MD, March 2013.
12. What can a TIR do for Your Teacher Preparation Program? A session at the national PhysTEC meeting in Baltimore, MD, March 2013 for which Mark Greenman was a panelist.
13. Boston University's Differentiated Learning Assistant Programs Feed the Teacher Pipeline, poster presented by Andrew Duffy, Mark Greenman, and Bennett Goldberg at the national PhysTEC meeting in Baltimore, MD, March 2013.
14. PhysTEC at Boston University, poster presented by Mark Greenman at the Spring 2013 New England AAPT meeting.
An article in the CAS newsletter (Nov. 21, 2011) about Juliet Jenkins, our first Teacher-in-Residence.
An article in BU Today (Feb. 1, 2012) on BU's PhysTEC efforts.
An article in BU Today (May 10, 2012) on Andrew Duffy winning BU's highest teaching award, the Metcalf Cup and Prize.