California State University, Long Beach: Publications & Talks
1. Kwon, C., Pickett, G., Henriques, L., Ziolkowski, R.*, & Tuan, A. (2011) California State University, Long Beach PhysTEC Project. Poster at the annual PhysTEC Meeting, Austin TX, May 23.
2. Kwon, C., Pickett, G., Henriques, L. & Beck, K. (2012). PhysTEC the CSULB way! Poster at the annual PhysTEC meeting, Ontario, CA Feb. 3
3. Henriques, L., Kwon, C., Pickett, G., & Beck, K. (2012). PhysTEC at CSULB: Recruiting and Supporting Physics Majors and Teachers. Poster presentation at the 4th Annual CNSM Faculty Research Symposium. California State University, Long Beach, Long Beach, CA, March 2.
4. Kwon, C., Henriques, L., Pickett, G., Dwyer, K. (2013). Dimensions of a Funded PhysTEC Project: California State University's PHYSICS AT THE BEACH. Poster presentation at the 2013 AAPT Winter Meeting, New Orleans, LA, Jan 5 - 9.
1. Ziolkowski, R.*(2010). What I've Learned - 25 Years Teaching High School Physics. CSULB Physics Department Colloquium, September 20.
2. Ziolkowski, R.* and Kwon, C. (2010) PhysTEC at CSULB, AAPT- Sothern California Section meeting. Azusa Pacific University. (11/6/10). Contributed talk.
3. Ziolkowski, R.* (2011). Reflections of a PhysTEC Physics Teacher in Residence, AAPT Summer Meeting, Omaha, NE (July 30 - Aug. 3). Contributed talk.
4. Pickett, G. (2011). Physics Teacher Education Coalition Project at CSU Long Beach, California Science Teachers Association (CSTA) Conference, Pasadena, CA (Oct. 21 - 23).
5. Beck, K. (2011). High School Physics Standards: A Nationwide Comparison. CSULB Physics Department Colloquium, CSULB September 19.
6. Kwon, C. & Henriques, L. (2011). Activities on Waves and Wave Properties Using PhET Simulation. CSTA Conference, Pasadena CA. Oct 22.
7. Beck, K., Henriques, L., Ashbran, M., Baker, A., Baxter, C., Coleman, L., Eisenberg, D., Ronquillo, D. and Young, N. (students from PHYS490). (2011). Physics Demonstrations and Labs - Force & Motion. CSTA Conference, Pasadena CA. Oct 23.
8. Beck, K. & Henriques, L. (2012). U.S. physics standards: A nationwide comparison. Talk at the American Association of Physics Teacher annual conference. Ontario, CA Feb. 5.
9. Dwyer, K. & Henriques, L. (2012). Favorite Physics Demonstrations. California Science Education Conference, San Jose, CA. Oct 20. (available at http://laurahenriques.wordpress.com/csta-2012)
10. Henriques, L. (2012). Charge up your electricity unit. California Science Education Conference, San Jose, CA. Oct 19. (available at http://laurahenriques.wordpress.com/csta-2012)
11. Kwon, C., Pickett, G., Henriques, L. (2013). High School Physics Teacher Outreach Programs at California State University Long Beach. Talk at the APS March Meeting, Baltimore, MD. March 18 - 22.
12. Kwon, C. (2013). Getting Physics Majors to Consider Teaching and Teacher Preparation Program. Invited Talk at the 2013 AAPT Summer Meeting, Portland, OR. July 13 - 17.
13. Dwyer, K. (2013). Development and Implementation of a Physics Teaching Course. Talk at the 2013 AAPT Summer Meeting, Portland, OR. July 13 - 17.
1. CSULB, This Week @ The Beach, "CSULB to Host Physics Educational Open House Oct. 16 as Part of New Grant to Increase Physics, Physical Science Teachers", Oct. 11, 2010. http://cf.papubs.csulb.edu/press-release/story.cfm?hackid=1055
2. Featured in 2009-2010 CSULB Foundation Annual Report, "For the Love of Science"
3. College of Natural Science and Mathematics Highlights, Oct. 2011, "PhysTEC funds future physics teachers", front page story. http://www.cnsm.csulb.edu/news/highlights/2010_10_10.shtml
4. Science & The CSU, "A force to attract physics teachers, PhysTEC open house at CSULB April 9", March 10, 2011. http://blogs.calstate.edu/science/?m=201103
5. The Daily 49er, "Physics Demo Day charges up the crowd," April 2012
6. Henriques, L. & Beck, K.* (2012). A Photo Finish for the School Year. California Classroom Science 24 (10). Available at http://www.classroomscience.org/a-photo-finish-for-the-school-year
7. Henriques, L. & Ashbran, M. (2012). Inverted or Flipped Classrooms: What are they and how do they work? California Classroom Science 24 (11). Available at http://www.classroomscience.org/inverted-or-flipped-classrooms-what-are-they-and-how-do-they-work
8. Henriques, L. (2012) What makes for an effective science demonstration. California Classroom Science 25 (1). Available at http://www.classroomscience.org/what-makes-for-an-effective-science-demonstration
1. Chuhee Kwon, Chance Hoellwarth, Laird Kramer, Lane Seeley, Gay Stewart (Moderator: Theodore Hodapp), (2011) Sustaining the Teacher-in-Residence. Panel presentation at PhysTEC annual conference. Austin, TX. May 23
2. Henriques, L., Churukian, A., McNeil, L. & Sabella, M. (2011). Creating a sustainable pedagogy course. Presentation at the annual PhysTEC Meeting, Austin TX, May 23.
3. Kwon, C., Henriques, L. Hoellwarth, C., Vokos, S., & Kirchoff, M. (Moderator: Plisch, M.), (2012). Dimensions of a funded PhysTEC project. Panel presentation at PhysTEC Regional Conference with CSU Math and Science Teacher Initiative and UC CalTEACH. Ontario, CA. Feb. 2.
4. Kwon, C., Henriques, L., Schmittman, B., & Price, E. (Moderator: Hodapp, T.) (2012). Partnerships between physics and education departments . Panel presentation at PhysTEC annual conference. Ontario, CA. Feb 4.
5. Kwon, C., Participated as an external evaluator for Towson University's PhysTEC Project (Nov. 7 - 10, 2012).