News & Events
- PhysTEC Project Mentioned in the National Science Foundation Budget Request to Congress
- The National Science Foundation (NSF) budget request to Congress for the 2014 fiscal year highlights the PhysTEC Project.
- published on June 12, 2013
- 2013 PhysTEC Conference
- Annual PhysTEC Conference
- published on September 10, 2012
- Call for Manuscript Proposals
- Manuscript proposals are currently being solicited for Effective Practices in Preservice Physics Teacher Education: Recruitment, Retention, and Preparation.
- published on July 31, 2012
Aug 27, 2014 - Dec 10, 2014
This is the first online course that PhysTEC is offering for pre service teacher education. This is a modeling course as taught by the American Modeling Teachers Association.
Nov 02, 2014 - Nov 04, 2014
The sixth national Learning Assistant Workshop will be held at the University of Colorado, Boulder on November 2-4, 2014. The Learning Assistant program is a highly supported peer teaching experience that has been shown to improve students' learning and attitudes toward science in undergraduate lecture classes and recruit talented science and math students into teaching careers.
Feb 05, 2015 - Feb 08, 2015
The 2015 PhysTEC Conference will be held on February 5-7 in Seattle, WA. The theme for the conference is "Building Thriving Programs". The conference will feature a half-day pre-conference Learning Assistant Workshop on February 5th.
In addition, a post-conference workshop on '"Building a Thriving Undergraduate Physics Program" (February 6-8) will assist departments in developing strategies for increasing enrollment of physics majors.