Australia - Monash University
Science, Maths and Technology Education - Research in the Faculty of Education
The work done in this research area reflects the importance of science, mathematics and technology on the national educational agenda.
The goals are to:
* Encourage and support research and curriculum development related to the learning of science, mathematics and technology.
* Contribute to the pre-service education of teachers and the professional development of educators in Australia and overseas; to provide opportunities for teachers to keep up-to-date with their subject fields; and to provide opportunities for other educators to engage in professional development mid-career.
* Foster a collegial climate in which university staff, students, teachers and visitors from other academic institutions can participate in research projects, seminars and informal discussions.
* Promote the public image of science, mathematics and technology education as a valuable field of professional endeavour.
* Stimulate public debate about national issues related to science, mathematics and technology education.
* Generate developments in areas of emerging national importance, such as technology education, and to provide a national focus for the many diverse efforts already occurring.