Articles 1-3: Composition
Article I - NameThis Topical group of the shall be known as:
The Physics Education Research Topical Group or PERTG.
Article II - ObjectiveThe objective of the PERTG shall be to assist the advancement, dissemination, and application of knowledge of physics education research. This group serves to promote physics education research within and beyond the AAPT by:
- Promoting research in physics education
- Supporting activities that foster communication and exchange among professionals with an interest in PER, including but not limited to overseeing the organization and running of an annual Physics Education Research Conference and associated Proceedings
- Promoting the development of publication venues for PER
- Publicizing PER events and news to the PERTG, AAPT, and wider communities
- Promoting access to quality resources for learning about and conducting PER
Article III - MembershipThe members of the Topical Group shall consist of members of the AAPT who have indicated in accordance with procedures established by the AAPT & the Organizing Council of the PERTG their desire to join the Topical Group and who retain membership from year to year by the payment of designated dues or by other method established by Council.
View Articles 4-7
View Articles 8-12