News & Events
- PERC 2013 Proceedings Paper Award - finalists and winner
The winner of the 2013 PERC Proceedings Paper Award is Content knowledge for teaching energy: An example from middle-school physical science.
Finalist papers included: Students' dynamic geometric reasoning about quantum spin-1/2 states and Development and results from a survey on students' views of experiments in lab classes and research.
- published by PERLOC on January 30, 2014
- Educators explore innovative "theater" as a way to learn physics
- New press release: In a study released this week, education researchers found that personifying energy allowed students to grapple with difficult ideas about how energy works.
- published by PERG on July 23, 2013
- PERC 2013 Abstract Submission is open
- Invited abstracts are due by May 24. Contributed abstracts are due by May 31.
- published on May 1, 2013
Jul 30, 2014 - Jul 31, 2014
in Minneapolis, MN
AAPT and the PER Topical Group event
PERC 2014 will be held July 30-31, 2014 in Minneapolis, MN. The theme will be "Outpacing New Technologies with Novel Pedagogies: The Role of PER in the Transforming Landscape of Higher Education."
Jul 07, 2014 - Jul 10, 2014
in Diablo, Washington at the North Cascades Environmental Learning Center
The 2014 Foundations and Frontiers of Physics Education Research: Puget Sound conference has been cancelled due to low registration numbers.
Jun 05, 2014 - Jun 07, 2014
in Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
June 5-7, 2014
Oregon State University
Jul 17, 2013 - Jul 18, 2013
in Portland, OR
PER Topical Group event
The theme of PERC 2013 is From Fearing Physics to Having Fun with Physics: Exploring the Affective Domain of Physics Learning from Multiple Perspectives. The conference will be held July 17-18, 2013 in Portland, OR following the Summer AAPT meeting.