News & Events
- PERC 2013 Proceedings Paper Award - finalists and winner
The winner of the 2013 PERC Proceedings Paper Award is Content knowledge for teaching energy: An example from middle-school physical science.
Finalist papers included: Students' dynamic geometric reasoning about quantum spin-1/2 states and Development and results from a survey on students' views of experiments in lab classes and research.
- published by PERLOC on January 30, 2014
- Educators explore innovative "theater" as a way to learn physics
- New press release: In a study released this week, education researchers found that personifying energy allowed students to grapple with difficult ideas about how energy works.
- published by PERG on July 23, 2013
- PERC 2013 Abstract Submission is open
- Invited abstracts are due by May 24. Contributed abstracts are due by May 31.
- published on May 1, 2013
Jul 29, 2015 - Jul 30, 2015
in College Park, MD
AAPT and the PER Topical Group event
PERC 2015 will be held July 29-30, 2015 in College Park, MD. The theme will be "Critical examination of laboratory-centered instruction and experimental research in physics education."