The PER-Central website will be unavailable Friday evening through Saturday afternoon as electrical work occurs in the American Center of Physics server room. Down time will begin at 6PM Eastern Time on Friday. Service is expected to resume by 6PM on Saturday, July 30.
Event Detail Page
TRUSE - Transforming Research in Undergraduate STEM Education
Jun 14, 2010 - Jun 18, 2010
in University of Maine in Orono, Maine
This conference is focused on promoting the integration of research on undergraduate mathematics, physics, and chemistry education.
Conference themes include:
- Theoretical foundations and methodologies: Conceptualizing work in research on undergraduate discipline-based STEM education
- Assessment: How do we measure outcomes of interest and what is the nature of the claims we make?
- Transfer of knowledge and concepts within and across domains
- Nature of knowledge for teaching in the discipline
- First year courses: How do we best support student success?
The conference will bring together researchers in undergraduate mathematics, physics, and chemistry education to transform and integrate research across disciplines. In addition to plenary sessions there will be poster sessions, working groups to interact and plan with new colleagues, and interactive free time. This is your chance to be part of an emerging community of scholars collaborating across diciplinary lines!