Tracker 4.80 released
Return to the Tracker forum
Login to post to this thread
Tracker 4.80 now available
- Feb 26, 2013 at 12:14PM
Hello Tracker users,
Tracker 4.80 installers for Windows, Mac and Linux are now available from both the Tracker home page (http://www.cabrillo.edu/~dbrown/tracker/) and ComPADRE (http://www.opensourcephysics.org/items/detail.cfm?ID=7365).
New in this version:
- Radial distortion filter corrects distortion associated with fisheye and other lens types
- Auto-refresh checkbox in refresh button menu enables you to turn off auto-refresh for faster performance when marking long tracks
- Deinterlaced video option in video export dialog--converts 30 fps interlaced video to 60 fps deinterlaced
- TRK/TRZ icons for all platforms
- Autoload button in Data Builder enables automatic data function loading when launching Tracker
- keyboard shortcuts for video player: HOME=start step, END=end step, Shift-PageUp=back 5 steps, Shift-PageDown=forward 5 steps
- right-drag a zoom box to copy only the boxed image (main view only)
Please encourage your students to save Tracker projects as Tracker ZIP files (.trz files that contain an entire Tracker experiment, including tracker file, video and HTML documentation). Browse TRZ files with the Digital Library Browser and search for resources by name, author and keywords. For more information please read the Tracker Help sections Tracker ZIP Files and Digital Library Browser.
Xuggle Note: Tracker is reverting to the original Xuggle video engine (version 3.4) due to serious bugs in Xuggle 5.4. To see what Xuggle version you have, choose Help|Diagnostics|About Xuggle. If it is 5.4, then please upgrade your Xuggle engine when you run the installer. QuickTime is also supported on Windows and OSX, of course.
Thank you! Doug