Physics 2000: Lasers Feature Summary
- Physics in Your World
Physics 2000: Lasers
- Lasers don't come only in red: you can buy handheld lasers that produce light in various wavelengths in the visible spectrum. Remember, lasers can be dangerous--so get adult supervision for any laser experiment you try.
- To learn how lasers work, check out the University of Colorado site Physics 2000: Lasers with several helpful applets.
- For some information on the differences between lasers that produce different colors, see this Laser Colors Q & A from the University of Illinois.
- And to learn about a laser that produces infrared light, see the feature at right on quantum cascade lasers.
- image credit: Marco Nero (lasers by Wicked Lasers); image source; larger image
- Image URL:
- November 1, 2010 - December 1, 2010