In this section, find specialized resources for students in Middle School, High School, and College Level sections.
In our Middle School section, you can:
- Get advice on coursework which will help prepare you to pursue careers in Physics fields.
- Find suggested readings to find out more about the lives of famous Physicists.
- Discover resources to help you to explore Physics, at home and in the classroom.
In our High School section, you can:
- Get advice on coursework and activities which will help prepare you to pursue careers in Physics fields.
- Learn about fun ways to explore science while connecting with other students.
- Find information about Federal Student Aid and Physics programs, scholarships, and clubs.
In our College section, you can:
- Get advice on how to tailor your undergraduate Physics program to prepare you for specific fields.
- Find information about how to build skills and make connections through student organizations and job shadowing.
- Discover resources for helping you decide on a graduate school, or finding and landing that perfect job if you are interested in entering the workforce upon graduation.
Urszula Tajchman - Pediatric cardiologist
Urszula received her medical training at the Johns Hopkins Univeristy. She then did her residency in Pediatrics at the University of Colorado, and a fellowship in Pediatric Cardiology at the University of Iowa. She worked as a pediatric cardiologist at the University of South Dakota before becoming the first pediatric cardiologist in Central Oregon in 2002. Urszula is board certified in pediatrics and pediatric cardiology.
She says that the best things about her job are caring for patients, teaching children and parents about their health, and studying therapies for disease.