In this section, find specialized resources for students in Middle School, High School, and College Level sections.
In our Middle School section, you can:
- Get advice on coursework which will help prepare you to pursue careers in Physics fields.
- Find suggested readings to find out more about the lives of famous Physicists.
- Discover resources to help you to explore Physics, at home and in the classroom.
In our High School section, you can:
- Get advice on coursework and activities which will help prepare you to pursue careers in Physics fields.
- Learn about fun ways to explore science while connecting with other students.
- Find information about Federal Student Aid and Physics programs, scholarships, and clubs.
In our College section, you can:
- Get advice on how to tailor your undergraduate Physics program to prepare you for specific fields.
- Find information about how to build skills and make connections through student organizations and job shadowing.
- Discover resources for helping you decide on a graduate school, or finding and landing that perfect job if you are interested in entering the workforce upon graduation.
Sam Wurzel - Company Founder
Sam first became interested in Physics as a result of having some great math and science teachers who turned him on to describing the natural world with physics and mathematics. He says, "I'm still amazed that you can describe things in the world using math."
Sam feels that his Physics background helps him in his work at Octopart. "Studying physics has prepared me extremely well for my career, " he says. "When we started working on Octopart, none of us had done any real web programming and we didn't know what a database was. But having studied Physics, and especially having worked in an experimental physics lab, provided us with a great foundation for jumping into technical fields that we knew nothing about."