In this section, find specialized resources for students in Middle School, High School, and College Level sections.
In our Middle School section, you can:
- Get advice on coursework which will help prepare you to pursue careers in Physics fields.
- Find suggested readings to find out more about the lives of famous Physicists.
- Discover resources to help you to explore Physics, at home and in the classroom.
In our High School section, you can:
- Get advice on coursework and activities which will help prepare you to pursue careers in Physics fields.
- Learn about fun ways to explore science while connecting with other students.
- Find information about Federal Student Aid and Physics programs, scholarships, and clubs.
In our College section, you can:
- Get advice on how to tailor your undergraduate Physics program to prepare you for specific fields.
- Find information about how to build skills and make connections through student organizations and job shadowing.
- Discover resources for helping you decide on a graduate school, or finding and landing that perfect job if you are interested in entering the workforce upon graduation.
Juli Morgan - Geophysicist
Julie Morgan was born to physicist parents in the Hudson Valley in New York State, but never expected to enter the field herself. After high school, Morgan decided to take some time off to decide what it was that she wanted to study, so she took up a job driving a van, and taking community college courses on the side. She took an earth science course, fell in love with the field, and pursued it throughout college and graduate school.
Her first research position was with the University of Hawaii, studying landslides. "Living in Hawaii was an excellent experience, " she said. "There is so much to do and learn in the islands."