In this section, find specialized resources for students in Middle School, High School, and College Level sections.
In our Middle School section, you can:
- Get advice on coursework which will help prepare you to pursue careers in Physics fields.
- Find suggested readings to find out more about the lives of famous Physicists.
- Discover resources to help you to explore Physics, at home and in the classroom.
In our High School section, you can:
- Get advice on coursework and activities which will help prepare you to pursue careers in Physics fields.
- Learn about fun ways to explore science while connecting with other students.
- Find information about Federal Student Aid and Physics programs, scholarships, and clubs.
In our College section, you can:
- Get advice on how to tailor your undergraduate Physics program to prepare you for specific fields.
- Find information about how to build skills and make connections through student organizations and job shadowing.
- Discover resources for helping you decide on a graduate school, or finding and landing that perfect job if you are interested in entering the workforce upon graduation.
Matthew H. Briggs - Pilot
Major Briggs received his B.S. in Physics from the University of Alabama in 1997, and then entered the Air Force as a pilot. Since his flight training, the Major has flown the C-130 Hercules and has served both in the United States and in Germany. He has been deployed as part of Operations Joint Forge, Guardian, Southern Watch, Enduring Freedom, and Iraqi Freedom, and has also supported Operation Deep Freeze in Antarctica.