In this section, find specialized resources for students in Middle School, High School, and College Level sections.
In our Middle School section, you can:
- Get advice on coursework which will help prepare you to pursue careers in Physics fields.
- Find suggested readings to find out more about the lives of famous Physicists.
- Discover resources to help you to explore Physics, at home and in the classroom.
In our High School section, you can:
- Get advice on coursework and activities which will help prepare you to pursue careers in Physics fields.
- Learn about fun ways to explore science while connecting with other students.
- Find information about Federal Student Aid and Physics programs, scholarships, and clubs.
In our College section, you can:
- Get advice on how to tailor your undergraduate Physics program to prepare you for specific fields.
- Find information about how to build skills and make connections through student organizations and job shadowing.
- Discover resources for helping you decide on a graduate school, or finding and landing that perfect job if you are interested in entering the workforce upon graduation.
Larry Shaltis - Network Administrator, Grass Lake School District
Larry's calling to be an educator came to him relatively early in life. "I wanted to become a teacher when I was still in high school, " he says. "Science has always fascinated me, especially as a way to try to understand the wonders of the world in which we live. I enjoyed working with youth and trying to help them to appreciate the joy of being able to predict or understand our world."
Larry believes that his Physics background has helped him in his career, both as an educator and in his technological roles in the schools. He says, "I think the study of physics has helped me most in the development of my ability to research and solve problems. Technology has radically changed since I was attending college...My computer knowledge is self-taught with the aid of books and friends. I credit the thinking skills honed by the study of physics for enabling me to be successful in learning the skills needed."