Welcome to Statistical and Thermal Physics, a collection of information and resources for teachers of Statistical and Thermal Physics. The resources in this collection are supplements to standard Statistical and Thermal Physics textbooks and include student activities, background information, and applications. New users may create an account to personalize their use of the Statistical and Thermal Physics web site. This will allow them to suggest resources, add comments, and organize resources.
STP Featured Image
STP Lennard-Jones Thermal Equilibrium Program
The STP LJ Thermal Equilibrium program simulates the interaction between two systems of Lennard-Jones particles brought into thermal contact and is used to explore the nature of thermal equilibrium.
Text, simulation and other resources for Statistical and Thermal Physics by H. Gould and J. Tobochnik.
- Chapter 1: From Microscopic to Macroscopic Behavior
- Chapter 2: Thermodynamic Concepts and Processes
- Chapter 3: Concepts of Probability
- Chapter 4: The Methodology of Statistical Mechanics
- Chapter 5: Magnetic Systems
- Chapter 6: Many-Particle Systems
- Chapter 7: Chemical Potential and Phase Equilibria
- Chapter 8: Classical Gases and Liquids
- Chapter 9: Landau Theory and the Renormalization Group
Featured Filing Cabinet
Demonstrates versions of simulations written with Easy Java Simulations (Ejs) for easier inspection and modification.
Browse by Topic
This just in...
|Jul 28||Lennard-Jones 2D Metropolis Model|
|Apr 30||Student understanding of the ideal gas law, Part II: A microscopic perspective|
|Jan 8||Boltzmann Distribution from a Microcanonical Ensemble Model|
|Jan 4||Biophysics Course|