Welcome to Statistical and Thermal Physics, a collection of information and resources for teachers of Statistical and Thermal Physics. The resources in this collection are supplements to standard Statistical and Thermal Physics textbooks and include student activities, background information, and applications. New users may create an account to personalize their use of the Statistical and Thermal Physics web site. This will allow them to suggest resources, add comments, and organize resources.
Text, simulation and other resources for Statistical and Thermal Physics by H. Gould and J. Tobochnik.
- Chapter 1: From Microscopic to Macroscopic Behavior
- Chapter 2: Thermodynamic Concepts and Processes
- Chapter 3: Concepts of Probability
- Chapter 4: The Methodology of Statistical Mechanics
- Chapter 5: Magnetic Systems
- Chapter 6: Many-Particle Systems
- Chapter 7: Chemical Potential and Phase Equilibria
- Chapter 8: Classical Gases and Liquids
- Chapter 9: Landau Theory and the Renormalization Group
Galton Board Model
A Galton board is a vertical board with n rows of pegs onto which the a ball drops and bounces down to the bottom (hitting either a peg to the right or left). It was created using the Easy Java Simulations (Ejs) modeling tool which allows to you to easily examine or modify the simulation if Ejs is installed.
Browse by Topic
This just in...
|Jan 8||Boltzmann Distribution from a Microcanonical Ensemble Model|
|Jan 4||Biophysics Course|
|Jan 4||Binomial Coefficient Model|
|Jan 4||Second Law of Thermodynamics and Boltzmann's Statistics Model|