Physlets run in a Java-enabled browser on the latest Windows & Mac operating systems.
If Physlets do not run, click here for help on updating Java and setting Java security.
Chapter 36: Optical Applications
In this chapter we study geometrical optics as applied to real systems. A basic understanding of ideas from previous chapters, such as lens operation is, of course, assumed. Applications covered include the eye, camera, microscope, telescope, and laser cavities. Study of these applications provides a way to reinforce concepts previously learned as well as demonstrate practical uses of those concepts.
Table of Contents
- Problem 36.1: Check vision, prescribe glasses.
- Problem 36.2: Check vision, prescribe glasses.
- Problem 36.3: Check vision, prescribe glasses.
- Problem 36.4: Location of near point.
- Problem 36.5: Microscope.