Physlets run in a Java-enabled browser, except Chrome, on the latest Windows & Mac operating systems. If Physlets do not run, click here for help on updating Java and setting Java security.
Problem 8.1: Determine momentum and its conservation
Please wait for the animation to completely load.
A 1.5-kg box (position is given in meters and time is given in seconds) slides on ice for 1.5 seconds and then encounters a rough surface. Restart
- Find the momentum at the start of the animation.
- Is the momentum of the box constant during the first 1.5 seconds?
- Is the momentum of the box constant during the next three seconds?
- Is momentum conserved during the first 1.5 seconds?
- Is momentum conserved during the next three seconds?