Physlets run in a Java-enabled browser, except Chrome, on the latest Windows & Mac operating systems. If Physlets do not run, click here for help on updating Java and setting Java security.
Problem 22.11: Coulomb force and spring force
Please wait for the animation to completely load.
A 20-gram charged ball is connected to a spring and placed on a frictionless tabletop as shown (position is given in meters and time is given in seconds). Restart.
- Find the equilibrium position.
- Find the spring constant.
Add a 2-μC charge on the right-hand side of the table.
- Has the spring constant changed? Explain.
- Find the new equilibrium position.
- What is the charge on the ball?