Java Security Update: Oracle has updated the security settings needed to run Physlets.
Click here for help on updating Java and setting Java security.
Section 7.8: Exploring Complex Functions
Please wait for the animation to completely load.
This Exploration allows you to explore complex functions of position and time. You must enter the real and imaginary parts separately. Try the following functions and describe the result in the animation. Restart.
- re = cos(2*pi*x/10-5*t) | im = sin(2*pi*x/10-5*t)
- re = cos(2*pi*x/10) | im = 0
- re = 0 | im = cos(2*pi*x/10)
- re = sin(pi*x/10)*cos(-2*pi*t) | im = sin(pi*x/10)*sin(-2*pi*t)
- re = cos(3*x-3*t)+cos(4*x-4*t) | im = sin(3*x-3*t)+sin(4*x-4*t)