University of Pittsburgh (PER)
- Singh, Chandralekha
Physics Education Research
University of Pittsburgh
Department of Physics and Astronomy
3941 O'Hara St.
Pittsburg, PA 15260
The PER group has two major goals:
- To identify the difficulties that students experience in learning physics concepts at both the introductory and the advanced level;
- To design, implement, and assess the outcome of changes in curricular offerings/pedagogical methods that are designed to reduce these difficulties.
- investigation of student difficulties in learning quantum mechanics and development of interactive tutorials
- research on problem solving and development of interactive web-based tutorials for improving problem solving and meta-cognitive skills of introductory physics students
- role of hands-on activities and peer collaboration in learning physics
- improving student understanding of Gauss's law
- development of assessment tools
- Chandralekha Singh
- Professor Singh's web site on research and teaching.