Tracker 4.62 now available
- Jan 19, 2012 at 2:17PM
The Tracker 4.62 installers are now available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Version 4.62 improves the preferences and Tracker-starting process, introduces a new smoothing derivative option, and adds drag-and-drop file handling to Linux (Windows and Mac already have this functionality).
The version 4.62 installer now associates *.trk files with Tracker on all platforms so they can be opened simply by double-clicking them.
There was initially a bug in Tracker 4.60 that prevented the autotracker from working properly. That bug has now been fixed.
To see if you have the latest version 4.60, check the date in the Help|About Tracker dialog. If it is earlier than 28 Nov 2011 you should download the latest installer and perform a Tracker upgrade installation. Note it is not necessary to reinstall Xuggle or the videos and experiments.
Tracker 4.6 is now available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. Download the installer from ComPADRE or the Tracker home page for both new installations and upgrades. This new version includes these features:
1. OSP Digital Library Browser provides easy access to online collections of videos and Tracker resources. You can also use the Digital Library Browser to create, edit and share your own collections of videos and resources (since ver 4.5).
2. Free Xuggle video engine plays and records most formats (mov/avi/flv/mp4/wmv etc) on all supported platforms (since ver 4.0).
3. Perspective filter corrects distortion when objects are photographed at an angle rather than straight-on (since ver 4.0).
4. Export Video wizard enables editing and transcoding videos, with or without overlay graphics, using Tracker itself (since ver 4.0).
5. Improved autotracker enables users to create multiple key frame templates for more robust tracking even when objects change shape or color (new).
6. Rapid zoom in/out using the mouse wheel makes manual tracking faster and easier (new).